My Experience with Creative Commons Zero

As a new blogger, it completely slipped my mind that images have copyrights. At first, when I was looking at images to include in my posts, I was just browsing Google Images to see what I can add. However, I then found out about Creative Commons Zero and decided to use Pixabay. Pixabay doesn’t require you to give any attribution and you can modify the pictures however you like, but it is still nice to give credit!

I originally chose Unsplash to find images, but a lot of the ones that I wanted needed me to pay for them; there were free ones but I found they weren’t as good of quality as the ones on Pixabay. I also tried to use Compfight and I wasn’t a fan of that either. Again, the pictures that I wanted required payment and I wanted to avoid that.

You may be wondering why I keep focusing on “free” items, this is because I wanted others to see that blogging can be fun without all the extra stuff. Even though it is definitely great to add all sorts of things, it’s still okay to use what is available to you.

Image by Werner Moser from Pixabay

Design your blog however you want, though, and let me know in the comments what you use to add images!